Tough times lately between citizens and law enforcement. While no one condones illegal or improper behavior by police, we do need to thank, appreciate and help those police who protect and serve with integrity. Here are eight ideas for ways to encourage law enforcement personnel. Try one today!
8. Volunteer with your local police department. Many departments rely on volunteers to help set up or take down barricades for public events, track stolen items online and more.
7. Contribute to a fund for the family of an officer injured or killed in the line of duty.
6. Write a letter to the editor, a blog or a Facebook post, in appreciation of an instance of good police work in your community.
5. Smile, give a thumbs up or just say thank you” when you see an officer.
4. Consider taking part in Shield 616. [http://shield616.org/]
3. Make thank you cards (stamping group project? kids’ rainy day activity?) and deliver them in person to your local police headquarters.
2. Be a law abiding citizen.
1. Pray. “First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” (1 Tim. 2:1-2)