Women traveled from eight countries to gain much-desired ministry training last fall in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Entrust’s Women-to-Women Ministry Training (WWMT) staff cooperated with ladies from our ministry partner in Thailand, Equipping Women International (EWI), in facilitating hands-on learning for these key ministry leaders. Entrust’s Tricia Lambert reports. Read the story at http://www.entrust4.org/w…/stories/reflections-from-thailand
At a gathering of an Asian theological accrediting body, Alan demonstrated a simple magic trick, then asked a volunteer to blindfold him and teach the trick back to him. The volunteer was forced to consider what “blind” Alan needed to know and how to present that information without using visuals. It wasn’t easy!
Alan’s point? Training a village pastor or new Christian about Jesus and ministry using terminology, materials and methods (usually lecture) from western seminaries is not effective or transformative. The group – eight presidents and deans of Asian Bible schools – saw the point and expressed strong interest in Entrust partnering with them to develop non-formal learning materials for village Christians.
Read the full story at www.entrust4.org/201702SL
Please pray for:
- Carol C., concluding an intense ministry trip in Asia, returning to the U.S. Dec. 6
- Writing groups in an Asian nation to continue good progress as they collaboratively develop a locally contextualized ministry training course, “Intimacy with Christ”
- Entrust staff around the world to celebrate, worship and make Jesus known in culturally appropriate ways this season
- A beautiful out-pouring of financial gifts from God’s people to help Entrust staff and projects conclude the year in the black
Download and print the PrayerBridge.
Please pray for:
- the people of Kurdistan. Many are afraid and want to flee as violence continues and as economic problems mean severely reduced or no income. Pray for Entrust’s Layth I. and Fuad N. who continue to train Christians and need mature Christians to stay in the land; pray as they minister to refugees and proclaim Christ to a desperately hurting population.
- the 12 graduates from our Bible Institute in the Middle East, to know God’s leading and serve him well wherever he leads them; for Matthew and Sarah’s (Bible Institute directors) health, strength and discernment in selecting a new class of students and guest professors for next school year.
- one of Entrust’s Asia teams, experiencing visa problems related to their country of service.
- Entrust staff members who are raising support for the first time or in need of additional support.
To download the Prayer Bridge.
Entrust is in the beginning stages of establishing a base for ministry in this area. Together with partners including Barnabas International and organizations based here, we desire to cooperatively offer our ministry training to cross-cultural workers. We also hope to launch ministry into neighboring countries and people groups.
Continue reading “THAILAND: an Entrust travelogue”